Good News Letter
Good news for Sept 2019
Lots of news:
1. I received updates to Royal Purple days held in June.
Lloydminster RP shared ice cream cones with a couple senior centres. COOL!!!
Vegreville RP delivered watermelon to their senior facilities. YUMMY!
2. Bashaw RP had a float in their local parade.
3. Sundre RP was in their local parade with a float.
4. Manning RP once again held their TAB drive at their local schools. In June they presented two classes of students (one class from two schools) with ice cream for collecting the MOST tabs. They collected close to 100 pounds of tabs. The rooms start in September with a pickle jar to fill and then when it is full they weigh it and record each jar and room. The room with the most pounds is the winner in June. Way to go Manning students and Manning RP! I have been told that they had 93 pounds of tabs and the scarp dealer bought them for $43.00. WAY TO GO!!!!!
5. Mannville RP is still sharing the wealth! The ladies went to the Camrose casino and were fortunate to receive funds that they can provide assistance in their community. They presented $1000 to the Mannville Care Centre to assist in the construction of their gazebo.
6. We were fortunate to have a picture and write up in the Camp He Ho Ha newsletter. Is so very nice to see that our donations are appreciated!
7. Congratulations to Iris Berg of Lloydminster Lodge for receiving her 60 year pin. A lot of dedicated years to Royal Purple!!!
8. GOOD NEWS for Caroline!!! Last fall the Caroline Lodge # 193 decided to develop a Community Garden Project in the Village. It’s been a busy summer with budgets, planning and meeting with stakeholders. All of our hard work is coming together and the Community Garden in Caroline has been fenced and signage in place that shows it is sponsored by the Caroline Royal Purple. Within the next month we will have fourteen above ground garden boxes built and the garden will be open in the spring for planting. So far the comments from the community have been overwhelmingly positive. See photo on ARPLAS Facebook page.
Facts about 2020 conference and Sundre, AB.
June 2020 plan on spending time in Sundre AB at the annual conference. Sundre hosted a very successful conference in 2016. The hotel facility was great, the meeting venue was super with lots of space and seating area. The meals were fabulous. The hosts were helpful and accommodating. We all enjoyed our time there. So plan on attending. Info will be coming in November or December.